iPhone 6 Plus Details
Apple just announced the iphone 6 plus and this will be interesting to see the difference that this will hold with the Samsung S5, everyone is starting to look into the plans at https://www.circles.life/au/plans to get the phone with a line included.
Here are the details of the new iPhone 6 Plus
- 185% more pixels in the iPhone 5.5 than there was in the 5S. And they’re all thinner than ever, too.
- An Extra row of icons
- sRGB-accurate, with ultrathin backlight, photo-aligned IPS liquid crystal, improved polarizer, ion-strengthened glass.
- You can also see the springboard in landscape mode on the Plus. If you double-touch the Touch ID button, everything moves down to the lower half of the screen. Then you tap again and it’ll move right back to the full-screen mode.
- The Xcode software now takes advantage of the new displays. But what about the legacy apps? “They just work.”
- New generation A8 chip, 2 billion transistors and 64-bit support. It’s a 20nm process
- There’s a new gesture too called Reachability, where if you double touch the TouchID button the display slides down so that you can reach what’s at the top of the screen.
- 25% faster CPU performance. The A8 is 50 times faster than the original iPhone.
- “equal or better battery life on every metric” than the 5S.
- Battery will actually be 30% or so longer life than the iPhone 5S
- It can estimate distance; it can also measure elevation changes as well, such as stairs.
- New Fitness app and dashboard to track exercise – New Nike app coming soon
iPhone 6 Plus Camera
- it has a 8MP iSight camera, with True Tone flash. large 1.5 micron pixels, and f/2.2 aperture. There’s also a new sensor in it to take better photos.
- Focus Pixels: As the lens moves in and out, it can tell if an object is in or out of phase. Phase Detection Autofocus
- OIS — optical image stabilization — is going to be only on the 6 Plus
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus can take 1080p video at 30fp or 60fps, and slo-mo at 120 fps or 240 fps.
This looks like it is going to be a really great new phone. There is a lot of comparison in the iPhone / Smartphone space. What do you think of the features? Will they be better than the Samsung Smartphones? Sounds like a lot more computing power will lead to better features on the phone including in the camera and with tracking of where you are at all times. The fact that the battery life is better is probably due to the iPhone 6 Plus just being a larger phone to put a battery in and that in itself is a really great feature for many of us big phone users